cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 firmware 1.0.4.2

ppiraux
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to upload rootfs.bin file found in .tar archive, progress bar moves to about 70%, then process is stopped with the

"Firmware upgrade has failed. Please ensure that valid entries were specified in the required fields"

message.

Can anybody help?

8 Replies 8

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

You should not have to untar the file for upload. Please try again using the tar file itself.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Pierre,

please follow the steps mentioned in the article Firmware Upgrade on WAP121 and WAP321 Access Points

I hope this will help you

same problem... upgrade failed... current version 1.0.3.4

following steps does not help:

- factory defaults

- browser in "private" mode due possible cache entries

...all tried with chrome and microsoft ie....

Hi,

Please use the following link for the firmware. The current firmware version is 1.0.4.2 and it is .tar file.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284152656&catid=278875243&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.4.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

rootfs.bin is different file type than .tar file. You need to use .tar file type to successfully upload.

Thanks.

* please rate the helpful posts.

...just to avoid missunderstandings:

for sure i use the provided software and -downloadlink to try the update. version as described above 1.0.4.2 downloaded as .tar file and tried to upload

-->>>> does N O T work

Hi

Can you please once try with mozilla firefox also. Because I succesfully updated my CISCO WAP 321 to 1.0.4.2. Try to re download the software in .tar and do it again. Please let me know what happened and can you please provide me the screen shot..

Thank you

Punith Kumar Neelam

Hi

I have no reason to install just for a simple upgrade firefox... 

2day i tried to download and upgrade once again... seems that cisco put only the .tar file on the download site and exchange it with the old .zip file...  and however now it was successful...

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: