cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 - Max Associated Clients

bluesky74656
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to double check myself. Does the Maximum Associated Clients setting on the WAP321 cause the AP to refuse connections after that limit has been reached, thus causing the client to attempt to pair with another access point with the same SSID?

Based on it's name that's what it sounds like it does, but it wouldn't be the first time that a name hasn't been all that descriptive.

My situation is that I've got a number of WAP321s with the same SSID, and I think a few of them are just being overwhelmed with clients. I'd like to set this so that if one AP is getting heavily utilized but another is within range and has not reached the maximum number of clients, the AP will refuse the connection and the client will automatically retry on another available AP.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Todd,

The AP will refuse connections for itself only. Whether the client will or will not attempt to connect to another AP with the same SSID is another question. I recommend that you test the configuration before trying it in the real world.

- Marty