cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 - not accepting WPA2 PSK longer than 32 characters?

R.soong
Level 1
Level 1

I just got one of these and it works pretty good except I can't get it to take more than a 32 character WPA2 PSK.  Tried using Firefox and IE and it doesn't make a difference.  This is for my house.  I'm retiring an old Cisco 1200 series AP and as well as a Cisco 1130.  Using the same PSK and it doesn't work.  Even if I just put 32 characters and just try typing more characters, it doesn't accept any more.

Running 1.0.0.3 code and don't see anything newer or any firmware for it for that matter.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Robert,

Please check if WPS-PSK complexity is enabled.

Yeah, I just connected remotely and see what happened.  I initially did enable the WPA-PSK complexity and had pasted in my old WPA2 key and It wouldn’t work…apparently because my old key was just numbers/letters and no special characters and so it wasn’t accepting it.  So it looks like I do have to change all my wireless devices WPA2 key anyways to use this new AP which is what I was trying to avoid.  I am relieved that it will take the 63 characters though.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

You may not have to change anything. When using the Password Complexity and WPA-PSK Complexity look at the Character Class

What number are you using?

1 means your password only has to contain upper or lower or numbers or special characters as the password – like 8646061866, or ciscotest or CISCOTEST

2 means contain at least two of the four - like cisco1234 or CISCO1234

3 means contains three of the four – like Cisco@@@@ or cisco12!!

4 means contain all four – Like C!5c0t35t

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Awesome!  Yes, I had it set to the default level which was 3.  Changed it to 1 and it took my old PSK.  I'll know for sure when I get home to test.

Thank you both for the fast support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: