Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP351. WGB mode. SSID name with space

slyfox
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

With latest FW, WAP 351 in WGB on Infrastructure Client Interface do not accept SSID name with a Space, for example 'CISCO WIFI'

7 Replies 7

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vladimir:

Can you send a Screen Shot of an example SSID as it's applied on your router? Also, what version of F/W are you running? space is allowed in the naming convention.

Thanks

Glenn

Both of these versions have the bug:

(active and backup/alternate) see pic 1

pic 2 shows same ssid works fine on WAP371

Hello My name is Jonathan, and i am one of the Engineers here at Cisco SBSC,

I apologize for the inconvenience with the unit, i would like t o know if you have opened a case for this issues as i was checking the latest version is 1.0.2.2, so there has not been an official new release yet, as this issue seems to be a bug. the best way for us to get this resolved is to troubleshoot and escalate the issue if necessary. Please let me know if you opened one so i can check if there has been any updates regarding this problem. thanks

Regards.

hi jonathan

just checking in, been over a year - any resolution on this bug? No case was opened, as I cant imagine nobody else, including cisco, did not try to use an SSID with a space besides me? I can open one, but seems silly at this point. I put my WAP-351 away until ssid issue is resolved, but I'd love to use it one day :)

All available firmware have this bug.

Unfortunately we cannot change production wireless SSID name.

Just checking in, been 3 months, hoping there is or plans for a patched firmware for this? 

Thanks

CCMADM1N1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes same issue here. Actually the issue / bug is there on the latest 2 versions of code. I just updated to the newest version and its still happening. 

Works fine in my WAP 371's but they use different code so its def an issue with WAP 351 code

Heres some screen shots, u can see no space at beginning or end, only between the X and the 5. 

Same SSID fine on all my other cisco small biz and apple AP's. I had to make a new ssid for all my AP's without a space as a workaround so i could add the WAP351'to my network for now. Pain because ill have to update all my wifi clients ssid's now so they can use the wap351 if needed...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: