cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 and RADIUS MAC auth?

Chiago
Level 1
Level 1

We have a cluster of WAP371s, and I'm trying to get them to do MAC authorization against our RADIUS server.  I've configured the RADIUS server on the APs, and for the one (of our two) VAPs (I only want one of them filtered) I've set "MAC Filter" to "RADIUS."  However, when clients connect to this network, no RADIUS packets are ever sent from the APs and the RADIUS server (on either port 1812 or 1645), and it accepts the client automatically.

I've tried enabling "RADIUS Accounting", and then I can witness accounting packets being sent (and happily accepted) by our RADIUS server, but this doesn't change the fact that there are no authorization requests sent and therefore no MAC filtering taking place.  How do I get these APs to do so?

1 Reply 1

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I can suggest to refer to the link below so you can compare your settings:

https://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=763a6dc16d4a45beaca988cad1b8f381_h_5067.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=1&dispid=0&cpage=search

You can also upgrade to the latest firmware if you are not already running it.

If you are still experiencing the same issues with authentication please give us a call so an engineer can open a support case and assist you further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: