cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 cluster - no access after 30 hours?

MHolzmann2114
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a seriously problem at one of my customer with three WAP371 (clustered - Firmware 1.2.0.2):

I did the initial setup wizard an the Wlan worked fine (both 2,4 + GHz with same SSID, WPA-TKIP + WPA2-AES, no other special settings).

Next day the customer called in an told me that the Wlan is down (LED's of the AP's are active, but no access), I recommended to disconnect the power supply of the POE switch an to connect it again). After a few minutes the Wlan was up again without problems.

On the next day, the customer had the same problem again...

It seems that the time interval between the problems is approx. 30hours.
I've not done any special settings in the AP's, therefore I've no idea which setting can be the cause on my problem - Any hints?

Thank you,
Markus 

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Markus

In the new firmware 1.2.0.2, there is an option called MFP under the SSID if the unit is using "N" speed. We have found disabling this feature has resolved quite a few disconnect issues.

The way to set this to "Not Required" is to:
This option is located where you configure the SSIDs (so Wireless->Networks then there's a link under each SSID to "Show Details"), but it ONLY appears if you disable WPA-TKIP.

If it is set to "Capable" (the default) then the WAP will expect clients that advertise they support it to have to use it. If set to “Required” then only wireless clients that can use PMF will be allowed on this SSID. If set to “Not Required” – self-explanatory. I would set this setting to “Not Required”

If your customer needs TKIP enabled, just disable it first, make the change for MFP, and then set TKIP back to enabled.

I would try this first. If this does not resolve your issue, I would call in and open a ticket with one of our Engineers.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hello, I have a cisco wap371 and let me know because every day the connection goes down? I have 5 wap371 and the problem is every day. I wish you could help me. regards!