Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 - How To Change 2.4Ghz WiFi Channel To Channel 13

matthew1471
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WAP371-E-K9 V01, but I noticed I cannot select WiFi channel 13 (or any above 9) in the WiFi settings.

Channel 13 is legal for use in the UK. How do I tell my AP that I'm in the UK?

Thanks,
Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the picture.

Since your channel bandwidth is set to 20/40 you are only going to see a portion of the channels, they are divided to lower and upper. The reason for that is that at 40 MHz, as I am sure you know, you are doubling up the bandwidth. Change the Primary channel to Upper and you should be able to select the upper range of channels. The same thing goes for the American models as well. 

If you changed the Channel Bandwidth to just 20, you should be able to see all of the channels listed. You can within the American model.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Even on this WAP371-A-K9 V01 , channel 11 is available so it sounds to me like your AP is glitching. Have you checked the software version or default this unit at all?

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom,

Thanks, as per http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/small-business-300-series-wireless-access-points/datasheet-c78-732143.html :

Table 2. Product Ordering Information

Part Number

Description

WAP371-A-K9

Cisco WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point Setup (United States, Canada, Mexico)

WAP371-C-K9

Cisco WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point Setup (China)

WAP371-E-K9

Cisco WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point Setup (Europe)

WAP371-K-K9

Cisco WAP371 Wireless-AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point Setup (Korea)

You have an American model, so the American model seems fine.

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Could you send a snapshot like Tom Did? Would like to see your other settings. Just throwing some questions out there, Can you see the other channels, just not select them? How long have you had the unit? if less than 30 days, I would not waste any more time and just return the unit for a new one.

If more than 30 days, have you tried to reflash the firmware?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,

Certainly can!

For some countries in Europe the current behaviour would probably be correct but not for the United Kingdom.

This is on 3 APs, with the latest firmware factory reset after installing them. I think it's a country specific lock, which is not applicable for the UK. If you have any European WAP371's around you should be able to verify this really quickly.

Thanks,
Matthew

Thanks for the picture.

Since your channel bandwidth is set to 20/40 you are only going to see a portion of the channels, they are divided to lower and upper. The reason for that is that at 40 MHz, as I am sure you know, you are doubling up the bandwidth. Change the Primary channel to Upper and you should be able to select the upper range of channels. The same thing goes for the American models as well. 

If you changed the Channel Bandwidth to just 20, you should be able to see all of the channels listed. You can within the American model.

Eric Moyers

Eric,

It was exactly that. The device I was using did not have 40Mhz support so I didn't "see" it overspill onto the other channels. Once you pointed out the Cisco setting however that made perfect sense. Thank you!

Regards,
Matthew

Your are most welcome! Im glad that was able to resolve your issue.

Thank you for buying Cisco. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else in the future.

Eric Moyers