Helpful
Replies

wap371 in a cluster are rebooting every 3-4 days

alias.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer is having 3 Cisco WAP371, running with the latest firmware 1.3.0.4

Two of them were running in a Cluster made with Single Point Setup and where already rebooting every 3 or 4 days.
I've joined the third one into this cluster and it's having the same behaviour since this moment.

Is there a way to fix this without disabling the SPS?

Best regards

Vincent

4 Replies 4

ValleyITPC
Level 1
Level 1

Sadly I have no answer as I have not encountered this issue.  However, I recently purchased two WAP571 units and hooked them up to my old PoE switch which does 802.3af (older PoE). I got a warning upon logging into the WAP that several functions and radios will not be enabled due to lack of power.  Perhaps you have a PoE device that is old or something and maybe that contirbutes?  

Also please ensure temperature is not an issue, these units will reboot if overheating.  Sorry I don't have a better answer though.  

Hello,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am part of the Small Business department here at Cisco.

I apologize for any inconvenience with these units, please let us know what is the topology like on your building, as well let us know the following.

-have you done any factory resets and reflash on the units and reconfigured the unit from scratch to see if the current configuration might be corrupted?

-have you tested a different firmware version maybe 1.2.1.3 and check if the units continue to reboot.

-if you still have the problem, i suggest to open a case with us so that we can check the units as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

Thanks.

Thanks both of you for your answers.
My apologies if I took long before giving an update.

I did fixed the problem by changing the structure of the network.
Previously, the WAP371 were distributed on two switch that were connected directly to a Cisco RV320. Now both switch are connected together and one of them is connected to the RV320. Since then, I did not get any reboot for month...

I did two diagrams if you want to see a clearer view of my config.

Well that is very interesting, and very odd.  Did you simply make a cabling change so that only one line ran to the RV320, or were any other configuration changes made in the RV or the SG units?  

I don't know enough about these WAP's to understand why they might reboot.  Perhaps it's a self-healing technique where if it can't talk to peer WAP's in a cluster, it reboots automatically, sort of a "I need to fix myself by rebooting" algorithm, following the logic that other WAP's in the cluster might take over.  Perhaps a way to know this is to see if the WAP's reboot at different times.  But, since you have a working solution, I imagine you just want to keep that in place now.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: