cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Installation question

Bill_S
Level 1
Level 1

When our office closed, I brought home our Cisco WAP371 AC/N Dual Radio Access Point with Single Point Setup.  I am trying to install it to my home network which has a Netgear switch and a U-verse router with a U-verse extension WAP.  My present U-verse WAP is very weak, so I want to replace it with the Cisco WAP371.  However, when I plug the WAP371's ethernet cable into my switch's POE port, the WAP371's power light is solid green, the LAN data light is flashing amber, and the WLAN light does not go on.  That is as far as I can get.  I have pressed the reset to no effect.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you. - Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bill_S
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay.  I finally figured it out.  As stated in installation step 4 of the WAP371 Setup Guide, "After installation, all lights should be active." But the Wi-Fi light was not lit up.  I finally found its IP address and launched the WAP Setup Wizard.  That did the trick; I was able to configure it and it is now working.  Thank you Marce for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Perhaps insufficient power ? Led stated are described in this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap371/quick_guide/guide/QSG_ENGLISH.pdf

Look for paragraphVerifying the Hardware Installation

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Bill_S
Level 1
Level 1

No, I don't think that is the problem.  My switch indicates it is delivering full POE to the Cisco WAP371, and the devises are power compatible.  Any other thoughts?  Thank you.

- Check your home-switch logs when the AP is connected (also wait a bit and check again ), and see if you can observe any errors or other problem indicators.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Bill_S
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay.  I finally figured it out.  As stated in installation step 4 of the WAP371 Setup Guide, "After installation, all lights should be active." But the Wi-Fi light was not lit up.  I finally found its IP address and launched the WAP Setup Wizard.  That did the trick; I was able to configure it and it is now working.  Thank you Marce for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: