Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 not clustering

friuliaspa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everybody

I am trying to cluster my four new WAP371-E-K9 V03 to replace the oldest Cisco AP541N cluster but thet don't want to cluster.

I used last firmware 1.3.0.7 and they don't cluster

I reverted back to 1.3.0.4 and they still don't cluster

I made a reset to factory defaults and still nothing

They are both on same IP subnet and same switch (HPE 1920 8p POE)

I have to admit that for a couple of times I saw them paired in cluster (but any configuration transfered one from the other), then did a refresh and they not were anymore

With the old AP541 (on same switch on same subnet) never had any problems.

Quite often on the access point page under SIngle Point Setup I have this error (that sometimes disappear after refresh, sometimes not)

The following error(s) have occurred...
error occured for query on path cluster.NodeStatusMonitor.getStatus (function: data_service, file: /tmp/11267622_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_UMR4_1.3.0.4/cbt53016eap/uap/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
activator_execute: connect to /var/clusterd.socket failed: Connection refused (function: activator_execute_buffer, file: /tmp/11267622_RELEASE_CUST_CISCO_UMR4_1.3.0.4/cbt53016eap/uap/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/activator_query.c, line: 67)

Are there any suggestions?

thanks in advance

massimiliano

1 Reply 1

friuliaspa
Level 1
Level 1

Solved.

Old Cisco AP541 cluster broadcast were disturbing the new WAP371 clustering (but not the opposite)

So documentation should add not only that cluster works between same AP models ... but also not having any other old Cisco model bothering on same network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: