Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Power Problem?

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We own several WAP321 which work fine. For our site expansion I now purchased a WAP371 for the dual-band capability. 

To test it and set it up, I just replaced one WAP321 with the new WAP371. The device came up fine (both radios disabled). I first configured the 5GHz Radio - which worked fine. I chose the lower bandwidth mode, because our SG300-P switch is only PoE not PoE+.

I then enabled the 2.4GHz Radio and the AP immediatly rebooted. Once it came back up, it rebooted straight away as soon as the WiFi-Symbol lit up. 

I reset the device to factory defaults and just enabled the 2.4GHz radio. As soon as teh radio came up the device reboots. It's the same behaviour whether I plug it directly into the switch or use some some RJ45 jack in my office. 

The SG300 24P port that the WAP371 is plugged into displays an increasing power overload number.

As the device is certified for 802.3af I assumed that it would work at least with a single radio configuration. Is it possible that the WAP is defective? - Changing the switch port also didn't help btw.

regards,

Fabian

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

This does sound like a hardware issue, if you are within the return policy of where you bought this I would return for a replacement. If it is past the return window, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: