Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Radio Scheduler resets Radio 2 when turning off Radio 1

Vartan Narinian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a radio schedule that turns off Radio 1 (the 5 GHz radio) at 11pm but keeps Radio 2 (the 2.4 GHz) running. The same schedule turns Radio 1 back on around 8:30am.

The problem is that when the 5 GHz radio turns off (or on), the 2.4 GHz radio also resets briefly. All connections drop, printers stops printing, devices say "No Internet" etc.

Is this a "feature"? Pretty poor. I have experience with Cisco's enterprise offerings and this is way below the quality I had come to expect from Cisco.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If not yet done, make sure to use the latest firmware available.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Of course, latest firmware is the first thing I do during setup.

But it makes no difference. You can see the wireless LED turning off, then blue, then amber, then off again. The cycle repeats a couple of times and then it settles on blue (meaning 2.4 GHz only).

This renders the whole scheduler feature useless.

In fact, the same happens when you want to change most other radio parameters, e.g. transmit power. All connections are dropped and have to be re-established.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: