Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 scheduler issue

datamirage
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I created a schedule for the 2,4Ghz module to turn it off by night. Somehow this effects the 5 Ghz module. Once the 2,4Ghz turns on the 5 Ghz clients cannot connect anymore. For instance if I browse on my Iphone for available Wifi connections I can see the 5Ghz SSID but if I try to connect it's asking to enter the key. After rebooting the Wap371 everything is ok again. 

Without using the scheduler the Wap371 works fine and without problems. 

Wap is running latest firmware and is configured according best practice as discussed here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-wireless/wap-device-best-practice/td-p/2583802

4 Replies 4

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your issue. One question: how is the scheduler associated under Wireless - Scheduler Association? Is it associated to a SSID on the 2.4Ghz radio only? Do your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs share the same names?

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

hi,

the schedule is only associated to the 2,4Ghz radio module. Both radio's have a separate and different Ssid.

Thanks for the quick feedback! Please send me as a private message your Cisco ID and the serial number of the access point and I will create a service request for you.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

pm sent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: