cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371 Single Point Wireless Problem

I using nine Wap371 to setup Single Point, The 5ghz is no problem but when using notebook at 2.4ghz, it always down.

How can I make it stable and faster?

WiFi user around 180(include mobile phone and notebook)

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Advocate

Re: WAP371 Single Point Wireless Problem

I really don't know the WAP series of APs, but it might be a signal issue. That means, to many or to few APs near the clients or many rogue/foreign wireless devices crowding the space.
Have you done a site survey?
Cisco Employee

Re: WAP371 Single Point Wireless Problem

Hi William,

Please verify whether the ‘Radio’ checkbox for ‘Radio 2 (2.4 GHz)' is enabled or not, please enable that radio to enable the 2.4 GHz. You may create a different SSID name for 2.4 GHz and then verify whether you are able to connect on that or not.

Normally we observe more channel interference issue in 2.4 GHz network, so to avoid the interference you need do the channel planning accordingly on those devices which will be helpful to stabilize the network.