cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4400N stopped working

jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

30 freaking minuets trying to find support ... man do I miss the old days when I could talk to somebody ... Anyways ... I have a problem, and hope this doesn't end up in the black hole of useless support.

I have 2 WAP4400N Linksys/Cisco Business class access points. I have had them up and running for several months using PoE; and they've been great.

In the past week or 2 (not sure when they failed); the devices will no longer communicate over PoE Ethernet. The PoE comes in just fine, the units have power, and the WiFi indicator blinks ... but there is no activity on the Ethernet port.

If I pull them off PoE, plug directly into AC, and plug in an Ethernet cable ... it works just fine. I have reset the devices, I have reprogrammed the devices, I have tried different ports on the switch, and I have certified the network cables and the PoE injectors. Everything should be working fine but it's not.

Any suggestions, ideas, helpful thoughts? It would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

streaves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Josh and thanks for your post. The Small Business Support Center is available 24/7 for US and Canada. You'll find the number at www.cisco.com/go/smallbizhelp.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: