Helpful
Replies

WAP4410 and AIR-PWRINJ3

BryanNuma
Level 1
Level 1

This is in reference to the 2 year old post located at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3117946#3117946

Contrary to the information contained in the link above, these two parts do not play well together. I purchased both and plugged them in and no go. It doesn't even light anything on the WAP. It worked fine when it was on its own 12V DC adapter but not plugged into this injector.

What I don't understand is why Cisco doesn't just make a Universal power injector that is essentially a 1 port switch and is 802.3af or 802.3at compatible. Its maddening. It looks like I'm going to have to get an SD208P and waste 6 ports just to get one with the correct POE for the WAP4410.

2 Replies 2

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Mr. Sheasby,

Yeah for a long time we use to reference customers to the wappoe12 and use that as a small business power injector.  I haven't heard if they are planning on coming out with a new poe injector for small business. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and if I hear anything about them releasing a new injector for small business, I will comment on this thread.

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

As Mr.Carr referred to wappoe12 was an old Linksys part that came over when Cisco bought out the small business line from Linksys.

We realized after several customer complaints that all of the PoE devices (Access Points) do not play well with that injector. So we stated suggesting small unmanaged switches to customers.

I am glad to state that Cisco is working on a PoE injector for the Small Business Arena. I just do not have any time table for it at this moment.

Please check back as David or I hear anything we will post it.

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: