Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N and firmware 2.0.7.4

m.zafrany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tested the last firmware 2.0.7.4 on 10 AP. It was catastrophic because all access points stopped working (no SSID WIFI visible but Ethernet Interface OK) . I downgraded all AP to 2.0.6.1 to solve this problem.

Finally, i can't use the last firmware so i can't secure the system....

What about a new "GOOD" firmware ?

Thanks.

51 Replies 51

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using when viewing the WAP4410N GUI?

Duh, whatever is at hand, it's about a Web browser - nobody should care today, as long it's IE11, FF31, or Chrome 37 - looks like this GUI fails as badly as the mentioned switch on Safari (7.1 on OS X - undoubted the preferred browser on a Mac) or  switch on Chrome (v37 on OS X or Win 8.1 - the most common alternate browser out here)  - ok, looks like the many times complained Chrome and Safari interop issue (Note Chrome does no longer use WebKit). Sigh.

Unfortunately that is not always correct.

The initial code for these units was written several years ago based on older browsers. especially for IE. We have seen several cases where certain windows or panels within GUIs do not show up or update correctly when using newer browsers, try using compatibility mode.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

The initial code for these units was written several years ago based on older browsers. especially for IE. 

True. that's why it's named software and can be changed.

We have seen several cases where certain windows or panels within GUIs do not show up or update correctly when using newer browsers

Appears you talk IE here - standards complaint browsers and Web code does not need that - so see below...

try using compatibility mode.

This does "help" on IE to force newer standards compliant IE builds to run in an older IE compatibility mode - but not in the highly standard compliant Chrome or Safari. 

When a product comes with IE "specific" code, it would be rather simple to avoid the user having to switch to IE compatibility modes - simple X-UA-Compatible meta tags (not difficult to add in maintenance releases)  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff955275(v=vs.85).aspx 

For products and Web applications made for corporate, having priority on IE makes sense. A home/SOHO/SMB looks much different for some years, here we have OS X, Windows, and Linux desktops, Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile devices. And for (sorry - dead simple...) Web UI on the SB and SB Pro products a single standard can be established easily. Cumbersome, it appears the OEM as still working on outdated dev kits which were fine in IE3/4/5 times, or Cisco specs are simply wrong. Look, you perfectly know even the much newer SG/SF switches and some not band new surveillance cams suffer from the same issues. I've fighted hard during the Beta times ... things are still the same, and have not really changed (or not all products had ben updated, see SG 200-08(P)).

We're becoming off-topic here. Cisco SB and SBPro product management is welcome to contact me anytime again for Beta testing.

I'll reply on a different level again - the WAP4410N wireless issues with 2.0.7.x are back. 8-(

Regards,

-Kurt.

PS. Wonder why the Special Container formatting does not come to the effective view - beyond me...

My experience confirms that activating syslog from the logging web page depends on using a particular browser: Internet Explorer (on a Windows 7 PC).

From Chrome on a Mac, the radio buttons always show "Enabled."  From Safari on a Mac, it wasn't even possible to log in to the access point.

From Internet Explorer on a PC, the radio buttons worked as expected.

While I understand that testing with every browser presents challenging combinatorics, Chrome or Safari on a Mac don't seem too obscure for inclusion in the test plan.

Ok, the issues are back next morning:

• association becomes very slow
  • no more IPv6 on the clients
  • no more Bonjour announced services visible on the clients
  • no more broadcast based network element discovery (as used for some NAS, Web cams, ...) working

The logs don't unveil much. Most are the ubiquitous 

Sep 24 22:22:27 kernel: [][BC:F5:xx:xx:xx:xx] SUBTYPE_AUTH
Sep 24 22:22:27 kernel: [ESSIDhere][BC:F5:xx:xx:xx:xx]] Open Authentication
Sep 24 22:22:27 kernel: [ESSIDhere][BC:F5:xx:xx:xx:xx]] Associated

Some success and failed auth (Web), and one or two beacon not responding, restarting.

No obvious errors on the WAP and the SG 200 ports.

Glad to give the Beta a try - otherwise we have to roll-back to 2.0.6.x soon. Simply not workable as-is.

Regards,

-Kurt.

One more...

• no Chromecast capable clients (Chrome browser plugin, Android Youtube, ...) is able to find any Chromecast device on the (W)LAN.

This might explain the few reports on INOP Chromecast over there -> https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12054236/wap4410n-and-chromecast

No problems in the past on 2.0.6.x with Chromecast. Definitively rolling back now.

Hi Eric Moyers,

It's unacceptable that Cisco taking so long time to release a firmware without bugs. We don't need a BETA firmware but we needNEW STABLE firmware.

I'm really disappointed by this situation.

Good luck to all WAP4410N users.

Michael