cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N does not exceed 130Mbps in N mode at close range.

bradolliver
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAP4410N which I have had for awhile and the performance was flawless at what appeaared to be 300 Mbps.  I udated the firmware recently to 2.0.4.2.  This is when the problems started.  Within 15 feet of the acccess point it would drop the connection and speeds were under 65 Mbps.  I factory defaulted the unit and reinstalled the firmware with no changes.  I run several other access points of differnt manufacturers and I get fantastic performance on draft N and G. I did check all the laptops for network adapter incosistansies. Have I made a configuation mistake?  I only changed the IP address to bring it into the range of other devices.  I use a sa520 router and a Trendnet Gigabit switch and a server with MS SBS 2008 which works well with all but the WAP4410N.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks, Brad

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Is the problem persistent only when close to the unit? When you put distance between you and the AP how does the speed Change?

Thanks
Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

bradolliver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric,

The speed of the WAP4410N is erratic at any distance and very often cuts out because the speed disappears to nothing.  Since I bought this unit new it has performed flawlessly.  It was only with the last firmware upgrade that it has started to behave strangely.  I have had to add two other brand WAP's to replace the coverage of the WAP4410N.  I did roll back the firmware to it's previous version and try it for a few days but I get the same response.  Nothing in the settings was chnaged so I defaulted it and put the settings back in again with no improvement.  This one really has me puzzled.  Any help mis much appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: