Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Firmware Upgrade Problems

davetibbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I currently have 3 WAP4410n's (actually, they're WAP4410N-E V02s) that have been really unreliable since I got them - so much so that we've had to cron a restart script on another server which is frankly ridiculous - they've always run firmware version 2.0.2.1.

I've tried updating the firmware to new versions in the past with no success - when I do so, it looks like everything's fine, but when I log back in, the fixed IP address information isn't shown, and the wireless is disabled.  I can enable it, but I can't select a channel.

At this point, I have to revert back to the old firmware.  I've tried restoring to factory setttings before and after the firmware flash, but this hasn't changed anything.

However, recently I was able to flash firmware 2.0.5.3 onto only one of the routers - it worked fine and all information was displayed and wireless enabled correctly.  However on the other two, no matter what I try, the firmware won't upgrade succesfully - it looks like everything's fine, but the fixed IP information isn't shown and wireless/channels are disabled.

What's going on here, and how do I solve it?  I'm tearing my hair out over these.

5 Replies 5

davetibbs
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Hi David.

I have two WAP4410N V01 and one V02 models of this Access Point. I too have had problems of late, subject of another forum thread. Suffice it to say that a Cisco Network Engineer confirmed that v2.0.5.3 for the V02, and v2.0.4.2 for the V01, are the latest revisions of firmware for this product.

Now, while I was able to successfully flash the V02 first time with v2.0.5.3 using the usual method, all attempts to get v2.0.4.2 on to the V01s failed. As you seem to have found, all tab screens either have data missing altogether or downright wrong information. But I found that repeated booting, with a complete power off for ~10 minutes, finally fixed this.

Despite the product Release Notes saying (to my interpretation at least) that v2.0.0.12 is the last suitable rev for the V01 version, I now have all three APs running perfectly, and all my iPad and iPod touch crashes are history. All now working like a dream.

Secret is to keep trying, and power off to purge the RAM altogether. Hope this helps.

Norrie

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post  in "Small business - wireless". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Paolo, it's not my discussion thread to move! I was only responding to David's plea for help, so far unanswered. And anyway I do not see the "move post" entry on the action panel at right!

Hi, here is the documented issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap4410n/release/notes/WAP4410N_Release_Notes_v2.0.5.3.pdf

CSCts76476—The access point may periodically experience loss of

connectivity when configured in bridge mode. Workaround: Unplug the

power adaptor or PoE cable, and then plug it back in.

CSCtx62203—In certain environments and traffic model, the WAP4410N

may lockup after some undetermined time. Workaround: Reboot the

device.

As far as the browser not working correctly, try to use Firefox, should work without problems.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: