Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N LATEST FW 2.0.4.2 unreachable

I have two Cisco WAP4410N's connected to two SG300-28P's running the latest firmware on both the access points (brand new and out only been used for 3 days) and the switches.

i came into work this morning to find that the clients (windows 7 pc's) could not connect to the wireless access point sat on my desk. i have read all the similar articles on the website and implemented all the suggested changes. the only way for me to fix this issue was to reboot the access point using the web browser.

i like everyone could really do with a solution to this problem as im starting to lose confidence with cisco after the issues i had with their small business series switches (SG300 would stop learning mac addresses. Kind of important really making sure a switch that runs at layer 2 doesnt have issues with layer 2 addresses!!)

here is my configuration for the device

• Trunk link to Switch
  • Poe Powered from Cisco SG300-28P
  • Two SSIDS configured.
  • security on one ssid is wpa2 the other is wpa
  • wireless using mixed mode B/G/N
1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I see that your on the latest firmware.

What is the frequency of issue?

Can the SSID be seen, just can’t associate to it?

Can the Web GUI be accessed either wired or wireless?

Does Power Cycle resolve issue?

Get the config file and network diagram and call into the Small Business Support Center. Let one of our answering agents help you with this.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: