Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N LED flashing

jcameronYU
Level 1
Level 1

I hope somebody can help with this.

We have two WAP4410N access points that are behaving identically. When connected without an ethernet connection, the Power light comes on and stays on. However, as soon as you attach an ethernet cable, whether it's attached to anything on the other end or not, the LEDs on the devices start blinking - first the Power light, then the Wireless light, repeatedly. They continue to do this, even when the ethernet cord is removed.

In addition to this, I cannot ping the IP, even when the WAP directly connected to a PC in the same subnet. I tried a hard reset, but I can't even ping the default IP.

Both WAPS have a very basic configuration. Neither of them are running upgraded firmware.

11 Replies 11

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I would first try resetting the units back to factory default. Hold reset button on back of unit for 30 - 35 seconds. Then see if you can ping and get into the AP. (this will reset it back to 192.168.1.245 IP with admin admin as UserID and Password.

If this doesnt work, I would call in and open a support ticket with one of the answering agents. 1-866-606-1866

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

I have this exact same issue with one of my WAP4410n - the others all seem to work quite well.  I have tried the reset, and it does the same thing.  Power Light solid (when no network cable is plugged in), then as soon as it's plugged in to either a switch, or directly into the computer, it just starts cycling Power (solid) - ethernet (blinks), power (starts blinking), ethernet (solid), wireless (blinks) - reboot/recycle.  The Network Adapter shows, cable unplugged, Enabled, Identifying - cable unplugged, Enabled, Identifying, over and over.  Un-pingable as Destination host unreachable.

Thanks for you help!

Robb Swanson

Hello Mr Swanson, Sorry that your having this issue. If the normal reset did not work for you, please try a hard reset.

With power on, hold the reset button down, after 30 seconds with reset button still compressed, pull the power continue holding another 30 seconds and put power back on. Still holding hold for another 30 seconds. then release it should power cycle one more time then come up. If not send me the serial number and I can look to see if there is any hardware warranty remaining.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Unfortunately, that did not work.  Here's the serial #

WAP4410N

SER150409HW

It's been sitting for awhile, so I'm doubting there's any HW warranty remaining, but here's hoping!

Thanks Eric,

Robb

Hello Robb, Merry Christmas

According to my research HW Warranty ends: 30 Sept 2019.

Your problem is a hardware issue. I would call in and open a ticket. The answering engineer will need to verify your warranty. give them what you gave me. They may come back and say they couldn't find it. Make sure they drop the S off of the beginning. What they need to look up is "ER150409HW".

Let them know that you spoke with me hear on community forums. I am attaching a copy of your warranty to this post. Give them this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11413221/wap4410n-led-flashing#comment-11026696

It will bring them right here to this post.

They will still go through some preliminary troubleshooting, it is procedure and they must do that, but be sure and let them know what you have done up to this point. If it was written out and once the case was created you emailed it in, it would definitely speed the process.

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Hello Mr. Moyers.

I have this very same issue and I tried everything you mentioned in your previous post and it just didn't work.

The serial number for the WAP4410n is 14460289. I appreciate it if you could tell me if this is still under warranty or not. And if it is what could I do to get it replaced/fixed.

Thanks.

Yes it is under warranty.
Actual Ser# is SER14460289. Give that to the Engineer when you call in.
Please see attached. You can provide that as well.

Eric Moyers

Hello Eric

i have similar issue as described. my serial number is 141904NV. Can you please assist me. I cant even access the router :(

Waiting for a favorable reply .......

Bimal

Hi Eric

I have this problem too. Can you advise what to do please? Thanks.

Hello,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

If this is a hardware issue, please call our line at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

So we can determine that and possibly replace the unit.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

Hi Eric,

Thank you for writing and being so kindly helpful.

I have a very similar issue and very similar serial. Would you please check my serial for warranty as well?

My device serial is SER150802DA.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: