cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N LOOSING CONNECTIVITY

sshatry2011
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed 2 WAP4410N Access Point in an office environment. Both have been set using the same SSID to allow roaming between the two APs. The client has mostly Macintosh computers which only have the Airport and no LAN connection on them. The setup was working working but then a few days later, the macs start loosing connection to the network although still remain connected to the AP. The issue is resolved by restarting the AP and the same issue occurs afterwards. Any help?

7 Replies 7

thabet.bakheet
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same issue, any luck in finding a solution ?

i have 5 Access Points i recently purchased and i am thinking of replaceing them all.

AndreyKalinin
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue with this AP. After some hours of working, the client devices losts connection with AP. Very long ping (up to 30 sec). Power off only can help.

Hi All,

Have you any DHCP poll? have you checked with Windows PC?

AP have a static ip-address in service vlan. Clients obtain addresses from DHCP server.

For this AP clients are Windows, Linux and Android phones.

Can you share AP configuration for more detail ?

And you can configure -

increased the Key Renewal setting to 36000 seconds (ten

hours) and it seems that the AP is more stable that way.

I hope i will help you.

Here is my config.

Also, I change wireless mode from "mixed" to "n only" and no more freezes since last evening. I continue to observe.

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is a previous forum that contains information useful about this issue.

Let me share with you the link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3677115#3677115

I hope this information helps you.

Best regards.

Juan Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: