cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wap4410n losing connection settings

snarfblatt
Level 1
Level 1

We've had this AP for just over a year and just recently it started  dropping its wireless connection. To fix, I have to and unplug the power and then plug it back in.. Then it works again for a few hours and drops out again. If I navigate to the config page right after it drops, all of the settings seem to be completely gone. But if I go through and unplug/plug it in again, all of the settings are back.

I updated the firmware to 2.0.4.2, but that didn't seem to resolve the problem. Is this thing a brick now?

7 Replies 7

Sebas Mulders
Level 1
Level 1

I also experienced this issue after upgrading the firmware to 2.0.4.2. The solution was to reset the AP to factory settings. Maybe that you can backup and restore the configuration, but I don't know this for sure. I think the best thing that you can do is to completely reconfigure it.

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Mr. Mulders is correct. Once you have installed the new firmware, please reset the unit back to factory defaults. Then manually reconfigure the unit not copy the config file back in.

Sometimes we have found with some devices and firmware that the configuration backup will keep some of the old code with it.

Manually reconfiguring the unit will assure that we are totally using the newer fw.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

So I reset the WAP today and manually put in all the settings. It worked for a couple hours and now it just dropped out again. Very frustrating.

I'm having a similar issue, and I've also tried updating firmware, and completely reconfiguring, and get the same result.

Users are able to connect within an hour or so of the unit coming up, but after a certain point, new users are unable to connect or authenticate to the system.

Any updates on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem after the firmware ugrading. The choice of factory defaults and reconfigure it gives no solution.

Many fields are not visible. Changes can not be saved. Does anyone have a solution?

I just found a solution, in AP menu, first choose the Wireless Monitor mode, after the reboot, you can configure the AP. Save all, then select Access Point mode. I do not know if AP is now stable, but it is certainly configurable.

This a very bad story for Cisco, i have a lot of problems with this kind of devices

Fred

Amsterdam, Holland

Hello Fred

When upgrading to the latest firmware on the WAP4410N, please make sure to go to 2.0.2.1 before going to 2.0.4.2.

If you are having problems after the upgrade

-then load 2.0.2.1

-factory reset

-load 2.0.4.2

After doing this you should be able to see all of the settings and be able to save them.

Thank you for your help, I hope my solution will work too, I stay away from it, glad it works,

fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: