cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - resolutions for a new year...

amcmis
Level 1
Level 1

"For 2010, I resolve not to crash every few hours..."

Hi all, I haven't posted in quite a while, but have been watching. The revelations of a new hardware version with the implied admission that V1 is defective, an underwhelming 'new' firmware that only offers slower performance in a trade for stability, and the glacial progress of these discussions have definitely been amusing. But I did want to weigh in with a few observations and repeat some feature requests.

1) RMA old units for V2 units. I have 10. Please be diligent and inform this community ASAP when the V2 units are available, and what procedure to follow to get RMAs processed.

2) Fix broken stuff. I think you might have fixed the 'some SAVE buttons don't survive reboot' problem, can anyone corroborate that?

3) There was a feature request for scheduled reboots in another thread. That's another crappy workaround idea, but how about a watchdog outbound ping that reboots only if the target goes silent? (I'm assuming the ethernet lockup is bidirectional.)

4) I made feature requests in a now ancient thread, I'll repeat my favorites. Add your own if you like.

- Status should be able to list connected clients with MAC and other fun statistics like which SSID/VLAN they are on. Otherwise it's hard to know if I'm interrupting anyone when I need to reboot.

- There should be a Site Survey function.

- True mesh networking! (OK, forget I said that!)

- Get rid of frames in the web GUI. Somehow I always end up stuck in a frame without the controls I need to change to another page. Not to mention the collapsable controls just require more mouse clicks to navigate. Pretty, but a functional step backward.

- Enhanced SYSLOG? How about periodic uptime reports, hourly or configurable? Provide uptime, client stats. If the uptime either reverts to zero or goes missing for a long time, my Splunk server could recognize that as a hang.

Here's hoping the WAP4410N can do in 2010 what it certainly failed to do in 2009!

3 Replies 3

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can see the number of associated clients under Wireless >> Connection Control >> View Wireless Clients

That has been always there

See attached screenshot

Best

Jo

Ahh, it's never too late for a mea culpa! Since I wasn't interested in MAC filters, I never turned that on. That is helpful, thanks for the tip.

Now, in my defense, I'd love to see that link under Status/Wireless. Also some extra stats, like connection uptime, which VLAN/SSID, bytes transferred in AND out, whether it's b, g, or n, what encryption is in use, sock AND shoe size.  ;{)>

@Jokern

That feature is only visable when the connection control is set to local.

It should be relocated.

BTW,

Is there a CLI command for this feature?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: