cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N running very slowly - intermittent

Peter_Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed 3 x WAP4410N yesterday in an office. All of them run fine for a while, and then slow to a crawl - around half a Mb up and down. Then a while later they are running OK.

Two of them are on G only, and one on N. And I've set them all up with WAP. And each on a different channel. And I've installed the latest firmware. And of course I've restarted and checked the setting etc. I have not set up any VLANs.

I've read all the posts about the issues with these devices; and so I'll hope to upgrade to the Beta SW soon.

But my issues don't quite match those reported, so I wonder where I'm going wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Peter_Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Partially solved by me moving two of the APs much further away from each other. They were too close - about half a metre.

Now I have also installed the latest beta firmware 2.0.4.2; and they are running much, much better.

Solved.

Thanks, Peter, for sharing the solution.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Alas, I have finally RMA'd my 3 WAP4410N Access Points. I tried everything, and followed the Cisco technical instructions to the letter; but still got clients dropping-off and the units needing restarting.

I have purchased Cisco AIR-AP1142N-E-K9 to replace them - and these have been faultless. Same old story - to get good, professional quality, you need to pay.

I think that the bottom line is that the 4410N are just old Linksys boxes designed (badly) for a very small number of users - 2 or 3 in a small office for instance, with no other WiFi units around. Anything more than that and they can't hack it.

I'd like to thank the Cisco folks who have tried to help; and I hope all the problems are a lesson to Cisco on taking over NG kit when they buy another manufacturer out. You can end up just badly damaging your brand.