cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N wall mount best antenna arrangement

BigSteve57
Level 1
Level 1

All - what's the best antenna arrangement for wall mounting the WAP4410N?

I see pictures of the antennas for desk mount but nothing for a wall or ceiling mount.

Should I just fiddle with them and see what works best?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Steve

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for purchasing one of our products and asking a question here in the Community Forums.

In any placement of the WAP4410N the best position for the three antenna's is for them to be pointed up vertically. Sometime people will try to have them pointed in three different directions thinking that it spreads the signal out. However when the antenna's were made the were aligned vertically for optimal reception.

Mounting this unit to the wall will be difficult because of its wide antenna pattern. For the WAP4410N the base is interchangeable with some of our other Routers and WAP's that is the reason the holes are on the bottom giving the illusion that you can mount this unit on the wall. It is not impossible just take some rigging.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can help in any way.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Thanks for the quick reply Eric!

I believe you have dispelled many myths regarding the best antenna arrangement for this unit however I'm still a bit uncertain about the wall mount

When you say wall mounting and keeping the antennae pointed up vertically do you mean as per the attached photo?

Yes I believe that should work. The other possiblity and a little more awkward would be to turn the black piece the antennas connect to at a 90 degree angle and then point the antenna's up. That would mean mounting the base out from the wall a few inches.

I would try yours first and see what the reception looks like . The other thing to consider would be try to ensure there are no heavy electrical line running down the wall near the device. that could hamper the effectiveness also.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: