cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N - Will these ever work properly?

brendan
Level 1
Level 1

I have owned one of these for about 2 years now, and have sold many of these to clients.  Luckily, none of them get used too much as they require constant rebooting, and it would appear as though all versions of the firmware are unreliable.  Some simply don't work, other work for a day or two at a time between reboots.

Does anyone have a solution to getting these to work properly?  When I say properly, I mean, you turn it on, configure it and then use it.  That's it.  No rebooting, not even once a year.

Anyone?

41 Replies 41

Unfortunately this setting had no effect whatsoever on my 10 units they all still drop wireless clients. I tested that setting about a week ago.

I do have one question did you set the interface on the switch to 100Mbps or force the AP to operate at 100Mbps from within the AP’s Web Interface?

On the WAP

That is mind blowing. I have tested that setting a week ago and it had no effect I factory reset the test unit and set that setting only and within 5 hours the AP dropped all clients until I rebooted. Now I have implemented all of the settings that was outlined by peter spencer earlier in this forum with the exception of the 100Mbps setting and the APs have been up longer than ever. I am keeping my fingers crossed

rodney0
Level 1
Level 1

Guess I am off to support to see if the beta software will solve the channel jumpping problem.

I have about 20 of these things and around 25% of them will channel hop.  I set them to channel 6 and every few minutes they will jump to channel 2.  They will stay there for about 45 seconds and then jump back to channel 6.  By then I have 20 or 30 users that have lost there connections.

I have one question.   How many users will the WAP4410a support at one time?

I have recently purchased 3 of these units for our offices after chatting with a Cisco Sales Rep online and then having one of them contact me to make the sale.

I installed the units on the 14th of March and have had nothing but problems with them dropping clients until rebooted. I have installed the latest firmware, done factory resets, followed all the different ideas and advise that is posted to try overcome this problem and nothing. The APs have to be rebooted at least twice ever single day.

I have not been able to identify a trigger that causes them to drop the connected clients, it is just random.

Any other ideas or suggestions welcome as my el cheapo Linksys (Cisco) router is out performing these expensive units on every front.

Mike,

They are still trying to resolve the lockups, or knock off symptoms some clients are getting. They believe they have found the problem but need more sampling to make sure they have pin pointed the root cause of the problem. Anyone with client drops that can do a man-in the middle capture of the wireless communication would help speed up the resolution time.

To do this you can use NetMon in Windows 7 machines.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16398

Please if you have a current case open with this issue please contact your support engineer and supply this information into the case. If you don't have a case please call 1-866-606-1866 and open a case.

Other information that will be requested for this problem is:

Network topology

Physical topology

Wireless scan of wireless interference

config file

and potentially pictures of the location of the device and surrounding equipment.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Thanks Randy.

Can you give me a number for a "qualified" support engineer in Panama, Central America?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The phone numbers are listed here for the Small Business Support Centers: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks Cindy.... hmm, no Panama on the list.

Am I able to call the US to talk with a Support Engineer or will I get the run around saying I have to deal with someone within my country?

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

you can call us, if you have a language preference just choose it within the IVR if available or we can get a translator on the line.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

I’m sorry but I could not afford to have these units in production any longer. They have been removed and replaced about a month ago.

What did you replace them with Michael?

The New WAP321 they are awesome and are working great.

Maybe if we are all very lucky Cisco will replace their "Lemon" with the new WAP321s

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: