Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP551 vlan and clustering slowness

Evan Schmitke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I see that the WAP371 has an issue with slowness while using vlan tagging. I am experiencing a similar issue with two 551s that are clustered using vlan tagging as well. 

I see a new firmware has been released for the 551 (1.1.1.3 Dec 10 2014), however in the release notes there is no mention on fixing this issue in the release notes.

Is this a known issue with the 551?

Thank you,

Evan Schmitke.

3 Replies 3

Andrew Lien
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, Evan

Try the even newer firmware (I know this didn't exist when you posted a month ago). The release notes mention fixing the issue.

Firmware 1.1.2.3 January 2015

For your convenience, I've linked the release notes here.

CSCuq93941: When traffic on tagged VLAN the throughout (especially download) is very slow

-Andy

Thank you Andrew for the post. This morning I tried the new firmware. The speeds actually decreased from 3.5 mb to 1.5 mb down, upload speeds stayed the same.

Reverted back to the 1.1.1.3 and am back to 3.5 again.

Evan.

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

They actually have just reopened this bug that was mentioned and I know that they have a new beta firmware for the WAP371. I would suggest calling the Small Business Support Center and opening a case for your issue with the WAP551 as well. Make sure that they know that you did already try the newest firmware that is out and that it did not help. If you have copies from any testing that you did they may want to see that. If not then they may ask to to reinstall the firmware and test again.

Be understanding, it is not that they don't trust or believe. I t is that in order to escalate this to the next level there are certain steps and procedures that they have to document and show that was completed in order to progress the case to the next level. 

Please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.