cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP561 doesn't work.

newleveldesigns
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco WAP561. I never was too happy with it as the range was not that good, but at least it worked. But few months ago it started having issues. The internet speed would be very slow and high ping, basically unusable. This happened on its own and no settings were changed to cause problems. After the problems started I tried to mess with the settings according to what some people wrote on Cisco forums but none seemed to help or make any change. Is this thing just broken or what? I see a lot of people complaining about it. What does Cisco have to say? Or anyone bought this product wasted money? 
PS: Devices can connect successfully but either no internet at all or very slow and unstable speeds. Updated to newest firmware already.

2 Replies 2

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Customer,

In order to be able to troubleshoot your issue successfully, we need to have a service request opened. Please send me a private message with your Cisco ID and the serial number of your access point and I will make sure that a case is created.

Thank you!

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Hi, I have a similar issue with 3 app WAP561 in cluster.

They work for a while and after a while maybe you can connect but you dont have internet access or you get error. We restart them, they work for a while and the same issue again and again.

The firwares are updated... we don't know what to do--  I have last chance before moving to another vendor...

Someone can help us? 

Thanks a lot!