cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 April 2019 Firmware v1.1.0.3

comprev
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded 7 WAP571s to the new firmware from 1.0.2.6. While it works, I did notice some problems. I list them below.

1) Administration

a) Time

i) Set for UTC-06:00 USA (Central)

ii) Current Time display shows 5 hours ahead (current UTC time)

iii) DST is in effect (current month is May)

iv) Listed NTP servers are the default (#.ciscosb.pool.ntp.org).

v) Adjust for DST is enabled.

1. 2nd Sunday in March at 02:00

2. 2nd Sunday in November at 02:00

3. Offset is set at 0 (zero)

a. Offset should be 60 minutes but changing this makes the displayed time show 4 hours ahead.

b. Unchecking "Adjust for DST" changes the displayed time to 4 hours ahead.

2) Single Point Setup

a) Access Points

i) The list of connected access points & their priorities no longer displays. The only thing here is the option

for configuring the currently logged into access point.

3) Channel Management

a) Enabling "automatic channel assignment" placed ALL access points on channels 6/36.

4) Monitor

a) Single Point Setup Status

i) Graph

1. Will only show 5 WAPs

ii) Channel Assignment Table

1. All access points were displayed. All showed their 5 GHz info. 4 of 7 didn't show 2.4 GHz info.

iii) Clients

1. In the listing, several clients show an IP Address of 0.0.0.0

2. One client shows a B/G connection even though 2.4 GHz is set to N only.

5) Under all categories that have 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz tabs, switching between the tabs will set the dirty bit on

the page, even though no changes were made. This causes a "save" prompt when leaving the page.

3 Replies 3

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Customer,

Since the latest WAP571 firmware brings substantial changes to the web interface, among other things, I would suggest you reset the device after the upgrade and reconfigure it.

If the issues persist, please send me your Cisco ID along with the serial number of the device in order for us to open service request for you.

Thanks!

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Borislav,

I'll give it a try the next time I'm in the facility, probably Friday or Saturday. However, since all SEVEN of the units are having the NTP issue, I suspect it's more than that. The reset may help on the ones that aren't sharing their 2.4 GHz info in the management display.

Give until the end of the week to test.

Ok, I've tried everything I can think of, including the Factory Reset on the 4 units and have had no luck. I've sent you a private message with the information you requested.

Wayne