cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 Cluster Issue

dlcole0708
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased 4 WAP571 APs to use as a cluster, 3 of them are working great, when the 4th is joined to the cluster any client that connects to it is unable to get a IP address from the DHCP server.  If I reconfigure this AP to not be part of the cluster but with the same configuration it works correctly.  All APs are running the current (v1.0.1.12) firmware version.

Thanks,

Dave

5 Replies 5

riteshsh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Ritesh Sharma from Cisco TAC.

Please confirm if you are using the same PID's for thw 4th WAP also as we have different models as WAP571 and WAP571E. So you wil not be able to join cluster of WAp571 with WAP571E model.

It should not create problems if the model number is same. Please open a case with us in order to further investigate the issue.

Regards

Ritesh Sharma

All are WAP571 no WAP571E in the cluster.

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Recently we have observed similar queries where the issue was happening due to the VLAN tagging issue on the problematic AP connected Switch port, but in your case you are saying that with the same settings in standalone mode that AP is working fine. You may still cross verify the VLAN tagging part on the connected device & AP. You may refer the below mentioned link…

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-wireless/wap561-not-assigning-ip-to-clients/m-p/3879649#M10174

The latest firmware version for WPA571 is 1.1.0.3, so you may upgrade the same on the APs and check the status.

For further troubleshooting you may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Hi,

Had a misstatement in my original message, I am using firmware version 1.1.0.3, I had copied the non-active version number.

The VLAN may be the issue.  I had originally experimented with setting up a couple of VLANs using that AP, but decided against it and deleted the configurations.  There may have been something left over from that being configured and deleted, this morning I did a factory reset of the AP and it appears to be working correctly.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Glad to know that the issue has been fixed now. Probably the VLAN tagging part was creating the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: