Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 dropping out of cluster and dropping clients every few days

Dear Friends,

I am running a single point setup of 6 WAP571 with 2 vlans, each using 2.4 and 5 GHz. Firmware is 1.1.0.3

Now since a few days someting very strange happens every few hours or days: one or few of the APs drop out of the single point setup and connect no longer to clients, despite still broadcasting on 5 and 2.4 GHz with the correct SSID (I used a WiFi-detection App). The dropped AP is also no longer accessible via its IP. This is the error log:

2022-Apr-15, 15:32:32errhostapd[13829]trying to update accounting statistics, station 84:e3:42:c8:7f:84 not found
2022-Apr-15, 15:18:59errhostapd[13829]trying to deauthenticate to station 2c:8d:b1:c3:5e:29, but not authenticated
2022-Apr-15, 15:18:59errhostapd[13829]trying to update accounting statistics, station 2c:8d:b1:c3:5e:29 not found
2022-Apr-15, 15:18:28errhostapd[13829]trying to deauthenticate to station 84:e3:42:c8:7f:84, but not authenticated

Rebooting fixes the problem but only for a few hours or days. 

Has anyone a more convenient solution to that error? 

Kind regards,

Bernd

8 Replies 8

I´d start upgrading. Might be some bug.

Dear Flavio,

what kind of upgrade do you mean? I think 1.1.0.3 is the newest firmware. 

Kind regards, 

Bernd 

You can try 1.1.0.5 but in this situation, I´d go down as well if necessary. The kind of problem you reported is very difficult to investigate and switching version can be the faster and easier way to fix.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286286192/type/282463166/release/1.1.0.5 

Dear Flavio,

I didn't notice the 1.1.0.5 firmware, as it is not listed as latest release. Sorry. I will give it a try. Tanks!

Kind regards,

Bernd

Dear Flavio,

when upgrading the firmware by the single point setup someting very strange happened: the new firmware was only installed to the AP to wich i am connected rn. The new firmware was not propagated to the other APs till now. Is there something completely wrong with the cluster?

Kind regards,

Bernd

Sorry, was a mistake, firmware is only propagated from the dominant AP and not by the single point setup IP... 

Did you get it?

Yes, from the dominant AP the firmware was propagated to the whole cluster. Let us see if that fixes the problem. Thanks you so far and easter greetings from Germany!

Kind regards,

Bernd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: