cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP571 : Using second Ethernet port to connect a client device?

bslevin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to determine if, when the first ethernet port on the WAP571 is being used to connect to a PoE switch, the second port can be used to connect a wired device such as a network printer to the network. I have an older Cisco WAP that has this functionality, but I can't find anything in the WAP571 documentation that suggests that this will work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

comprev
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to say, theoretically, no. The two ports are bundled in a LAG by default and I'm not aware of any way to unbundle them. However, if you have a unit handy, you may try it and see what happens. For the second port to even be active, the PoE source has to be 802.3at. If it's 802.3af, the second port is disabled automatically.

Also, if you try to LAG the ports, there are usually up to 3 options for the LAG on the switch (depending on the model of switch); On, PAGP, or LACP. The WAP571 uses the "On" option only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: