cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP581 connection issue

AdamW01248
Level 1
Level 1

Just got a brand new WAP581 and I have been trying to set it up to replace a WAP371.

Problem is when I connect it to my weeks old 2960L I don't get a link light (using a PoE injector).

So far the only way I have been able to get it to connect is to set the eth0 speed to 100 on the WAP (which is unacceptable). I can connect it directly to my laptop at 1000 or auto and its fine, but no link when plugged into the switch on these settings.

Both the WAP and the switch are running the latest firmware.

I would open a support case but without a support contract I cant see a way to get support on these brand new cisco items short of returning them to the retailer. Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamW01248
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the WAP581 didnt like the cable that the WAP371 was working fine with. After swapping to different ones the issue resolved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

AdamW01248
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the WAP581 didnt like the cable that the WAP371 was working fine with. After swapping to different ones the issue resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: