Views
Helpful
Replies

WET200 and WAP4410N and WPA

doriankind
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

after reading the many issues reported here about the WET200's WPA abilities (or lack thereof), I doubt that there will be an easy solution to the issue I'm having, but it's worth a try.

The setup consists of a WET200 that should bridge two devices in a remote room to our main network. The AP is a WAP4410N, which works beautifully with all other connected devices. The WAP4410N is set up in 'WPA2-Personal Mixed' mode, and only b/g (as n was giving other, unrelated trouble). The WET200 sees the network just fine, is able to connect and receives an IP from the DHCP server. The devices behind the bridge also have connectivity - all well so far. However, at a certain point in time, which i _believe_ to coincide with the key renewal on the AP, the bridge loses the connection to the AP, even though it reports its WLAN status on the web interface (via LAN) as connected. The AP's log shows the following (MAC address is the WLAN interface on the WET200):

Feb 10 17:05:03 kernel: [][28:93:FE:C4:8C:BC] SUBTYPE_AUTH

repeated about every second until the bridge is shutdown.

At this point, the only way that worked for me to get the bridge working again was a factory reset.

If anyone could give me some hints on the issue, I'll be very grateful – I have to say that I find it a bit frustrating that the only combination of brands that we experience to not work together well with WPA are Cisco and Cisco...

I will gladly provide additional information if needed.

Thanks and best regards.

[edit] Firmware is 2.0.3.3 on the WAP4410N and 2.0.3.2-ETSI on the WET200

2 Replies 2

doriankind
Level 1
Level 1

Update: It seems that the culprit are ARP requests not coming through anymore from the WAP4410N to the WET200 - yet the other direction works fine; the devices behind the bridge are able to ping all hosts on the wired network, but from the other side, the bridged segment is invisible. I don't know yet whether the WAP4410N or the WET200 is to blame, but some basic googling reveals that this problem is not unheard of.

Has anyone got some input on this?

Hi,

This issue is similar to this thread as well. Sorry no solution though.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/click.jspa?searchID=26209057&objectType=2&objectID=3327641

Cole