cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WET200 Like Access Point, I can´t reach internet from wireless clients.

josedanielgg
Level 1
Level 1

I have one WET200 Wireless Brigde, connected to internet router...

I can't use the infraestructure mode to broadcast the ssid to wireless cliente like laptops,

Only can use the ad hoc mode, but the wireless clients dont reach the internet from adhoc connection trought WET200...

The datasheet saids "client only" for WET200, what is the diference between client only and Access Point mode? ??

Regards!!!..

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jose, this unit is a bridge, not an access point, repeater or anything else. Basically consider it as a "wireless switch". It is designed to connect to existing wireless networks then provide wired clients access where you are not able to run physical wires to connect to a switch.

You may also use the ethernet ports to physically wire your network together like a normal switched network. The unit won't advertise a SSID, it will only associate to one.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thats mean , i can´t use my laptops like wireless clientes and reach internet????

I have one wired routed connected to WET200 and  i want to reach internet trougth the wireless option from WET200...

Your answer said this is not posible, rigth????

Best Regards!!!...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: