cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When Can We See A 802.11n Wireless Bridge?

Ed Melendez
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a best guess answer as to when we might see a 802.11n wireless bridge similar to the WET200?  The current product has been out for a while, and I would love to replace my D-Link DAP-1522, but it's 802.11n and has GigaBit ports... getting the WET200 would be a downgrade.

Thanks,

-Ed

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco MESH AP 1552 supports 802.11n

Ed,

The WAP4410N can be placed into bridge mode - you will need a WRVS4400Nv2 to utilize WDS feature. The thing i like about the WET200 is that it has multiple Ethernet ports and it can connect too just about any other wireless router on the market.

Thanks

Jasbryan

jasbryan-

I am aware of the WAP4410N, but the switch ports are also needed.  I have a desk in my Home Office with a few non-wireless devices (IP Phone, desktop computer, NAS) that need network connectivity.

Before someone recommends it... I prefer not to have a switch and an access-point.  Unfortunately no products amongst Cisco's (or Linksys) product line seem to meet this need.

-Ed

@leolaohoo

Ahhhhh... Yeeaahh... That might look a little funny sitting on my office desk!

Besides the fact that you just recommended a $3000 product in the "SMALL" Business Forum, I would expect a better reply from someone with "VIP" status... Epic Fail!

I hope you're not resolving questions for the 'points'...?  Whatever happened to quality over quantity?

I enjoy a good laugh just like the next guy, but that's just wrong... can we get somone from Cisco to rule on this "Correct Answer"?

Judges...

-Ed

No need to be sarcastic Ed.  We all try to help. 

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ed,

I just actually got done working on a project with Quatech dp501. now its not 802.11n but its a sweet little bridge and works very well.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

This might be worth a look:

http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/adapters/linksys-WET610N_stcVVproductId65221232VVcatId552066VVviewprod.htm.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Hey Stephanie-

I am aware of the product, and was disappointed to see that it only came with one ethernet port.   With the emergence of IP enabled TV's, DVR's and game consoles, I would have expected it to have more ports.

-Ed

George-

Interesting product.  Not really what I was looking for, but I could see some usable applications.

Thanks,

-Ed

Hi Ed -- Sincerely appreciate the input. I've shared your comments with the Wireless product management and engineering teams. Will definitely give your ideas consideration in the next planning cycle.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: