cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is my connection lost so often? WRV210 Router

lotamecheese
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for support on why I'm always loosing my internet conection due to my WRV210 Router.

This is being used in a business, and it has the most up to date Firmware, I'm also using a spliter hub which was making things work better, but now it seems about every second day I have to unplug the router only and my connection is back...

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Schlueter,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Internet connection.

Let me share with you some steps that could help you with the troubleshooting of this issue.

First we are going to need to check the System performance.

System performance on a device gives the detailed information about the data packets received and sent on each of the LAN ports and on the wireless LAN. This article guides the users on how to check the system performance on WRVS4400N router.

Step 1. Click Status at the top of the general user interface.

Step 2. Click System Performance at the top of the general user interface.

The Internet/Wireless Table

Name— This row indicates each activated network on the device up to its four capable networks. The internet column is for all activity outside of the network.

• Connection— This row indicates either Connected or Disconnected to indicate if the network is being used.

• Packets Received— This row indicates the amount of packets successfully received

• Packets Sent— This row indicates the amount of packets successfully sent.

• Bytes Received— This row indicates the amount of bytes received successfully.

• Bytes Sent— This row indicates the amount of bytes sent successfully.

• Error Packets Received— This row indicates the amount of error packets received.

• Drop Received Packets— This row indicates the amount of drop packets received.

If you see any kind of error or lack of connectivity I would recommend you get in contact with your ISP.

On the other hand if you would like to get a revision of your equipment I suggest you to contact our service phone line according to your country, and open a case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you