Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless disconnects

Genome_666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am at my wits end here with my wireless implementation and hoping somebody can help.

I have 8 WRVS4400N Wireless-N routers set up on different channels using the same SSID and WPA2 enterprise authentication for roaming. Everything seems to connect fine and works for PC's, phones etc but for some reason the MACs I have here keep dropping the connection even though it shows it is still connected. I have narrowed it down to mac as no other deviced have an issue. To get them connected I just turn off airport then turn it back on.

I put in a Dlink router with WPA2 enterprise auth (same settings as the Cisco except it is using 802.11g) and there seems to be no issues. Even if I change the Cisco APs to use 802.11g I still have this issue.

Is there any setting that I am over looking here that allows compatability for mac?

I have tried everything I can think of, even updating the firmware of the routers ( V2.0.2.1-ETSI).

Here are the settings I am using on one of the APs, the others are the same except for the channels.

Wireless network mode: G/N mixed

wireless channel : 11

Multiple BSSID enabled (using 2 SSIDs, one using Radius and one WPA2 PSK for testing)

Security

Wireless isolation: disabled

Sec mode: WPA2 enterprise

Wireless Isolation (within SSID): disabled

Key renewal: 3600

Advanced Settings

Channel BW: 20MHz

Guard Int: 400ns

CTS protection mode: Auto

Beacon int: 100

DTIM int: 1

RTS threshold: 2346

3 Replies 3

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Darren,

I suggest that you call the Small Business Support Center.   Please go here to find the phone number in your country:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think the problem will be related to the Mac's overall. I've seen many compatibility issues between Macs and Cisco.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Yeah I came to the same conclusion. Still haven't come right. I even did what Cindy said and contaced the support but still nothing. This is why I really hate Mac.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: