cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV210 and Radius

leaderglobal
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a Cisco Small Business Router - WRV210 for WPA2-Enterprise wireless security. I'm currently having trouble getting Radius Authentication to work.

Our Radius Server (10.1.0.1) is in our corporate DataCenter. I've successfully configured an IPSec VPN Tunnel to connect the WRV210 to our VPN hub in the DataCenter. Successfull communication from the WRV210 across the VPN to all subnets behind the VPN has been established and tested. The VPN Works. However I can't see any attempts to communicate with our Radius Server when a client connects via WiFi to the router. The Radius Server is a Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 server. Does teh WRV210 require the Radius to be on it's local lan? If that's the case - this is a sucky product like the rest of the Linksys lineup (i've had bad experiences trying to get multiple SSIDs and Radius to work for a Authenticated/Guest access with other Linksys products). Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

For WRV210, there is a known issue with configuring a Radius Server on a remote subnet over an IPsec tunnel.

A workaround is to configure a special tunnel from WRV210 to the remote subnet with the following settings on WRV210.

Local Security Group

Type: IP Address

IP Address: [WAN IP of WRV210]

Mask: 255.255.255.255

Will this issue fixed in a later firmware ?? Maybe soon ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: