cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N V2 and Intel 2200BG compatibility issue

jrosenbl
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently replaced a WRT54GS with a WRVS4400N V2 running the latest firmware 2.0.9 and I am experiencing a compatibility issue with a laptop using a Intel 2200BG card. The laptop is running the latest Intel driver for the card 9.x. The issue is that the laptop connects to the AP and gets a valid DHCP address, but no packets can be sent to or from the laptop to the AP, including ping from the AP to the laptop or vice versa (the AP has the Block WAN request disabled). I have tried to troubleshoot this issue with no success: I have tried turning off any security, including the firewall and IPS, set the AP to b/g mixed or g, etc. I experience no issues with a laptop running an Intel 3945BG card (can ping either from the AP to the laptop or vice versa), as well as other card/chip sets, so the issue seems to be isolated to this card/chipset. For example, I replaced the WRVS4400N with the WRT54GS and do not have the same problem. Is there a setting that I need to try?

1 Reply 1

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

It could be something in the wireless card, the wrt54g only produces wireless g and b.  The wrvs4400n by default transmits in all three wireless b,g,and n.  The issue sounds like the wirless card don't know how to work with anything wirless n.