Views
Helpful
Replies

callhome autentication

mcusine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian,

We are trying to configure Callhome with a email services that had authentication.

We recive the following error when we does a test

trying to send test callhome message

warning:no callhome message sent

no email address configured for destination profile:full_txt

no email address configured for destination profile:short_txt

Error in transporting email message for CiscoTAC-1

SMTPclient: Host:1.1.1.1:unexpected reply: 530 Authentication required

The ip address of the smtp server is hiden for security.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lawrence Searcy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It hit an error when transmitting

530 Authentication required

There is some code in IOS version 15.2T that allows username and password for the email server in Call Home per

CSCtn88293 callhome mail server support hostname:password:server address

The feature enhancement above is being used to integrate this feature into IOS routers, 6500, and 4500 code train. But this does not mean this feature enhancement migrates into NX-OS or other code trains.

Since I don't know what code or version your device is running or the configuration, as a first guess, I would say that the code your device is running does not support email authentication from that error message. The majority of call home devices today only support basic SMTP.

If your code supports this feature enhancement, you can enter the call home email server with the following 3 formats:

username:password@host

username@host

host

The last one is today's default supported format across all platforms for simple SMTP communication.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Lawrence Searcy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It hit an error when transmitting

530 Authentication required

There is some code in IOS version 15.2T that allows username and password for the email server in Call Home per

CSCtn88293 callhome mail server support hostname:password:server address

The feature enhancement above is being used to integrate this feature into IOS routers, 6500, and 4500 code train. But this does not mean this feature enhancement migrates into NX-OS or other code trains.

Since I don't know what code or version your device is running or the configuration, as a first guess, I would say that the code your device is running does not support email authentication from that error message. The majority of call home devices today only support basic SMTP.

If your code supports this feature enhancement, you can enter the call home email server with the following 3 formats:

username:password@host

username@host

host

The last one is today's default supported format across all platforms for simple SMTP communication.