Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5000 series secure communication for Smart Call Home

nbrizuela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure a couple Nexus 5K's for smart call home.  They are fairly new, purchased last summer, and are at  NX-OS V5.1(3)N1(1a).  I would like to send secure messages to the Cisco call home server.  I would rather not use the Transport Gateway, since it does not appear to work in later versions of Windows.  Where is the documentation showing the specific steps to configure https directly on the 5K's.  I see some for a Catalyst 6500, but these instructions use commands that are not available on our 5K's. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Bryan Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nancy,

HTTP support was added to the Nexus 5000 a little over a year ago.  It has not been validated by the Smart Call Home team, which is why it is still missing from the quick start guides.  We have a couple of teams working on that validation now.  I'll keep you posted here.

The Transport Gateway will run on Server 2008 R2.  Just make sure that the Windows service "Interactive Services Detection" is running before you start the Transtport Gateway.

We are running the Transport Gateway on Server 2008 R2 and it works well enough. To open the Transport Gateway application though, for initial configuration and for checking logs, we have to open the "services" window leave it open, make sure "Interactive Services" is running,  then click "view the message" to open the app. Sometimes this doesn't work and then we have to stop and start "Interactive Services" to see the Interactive Services Detection window, then click "view the message" to see the Transport Gateway app window.

Thank you for the information. This issue is due to an interaction between your remote desktop program and the Windows Interactive Services, one or the other is causing this issue But it is good to know.

Windows Interactive Services is discussed in

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4063071

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: