Views
Helpful
Replies

ETSOP Vs C4P SCH setup

gtlalpachicatl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I frequently assist customers to setup SCH and the information from this community has been very helpful. Now, I´m facing the challenge that my customers have devices under ETSOP and C4P contracts and have found that there are some differences on how the configuration, registration and creation of service request processes work. I´d like  to confirm if my assumptions/conclusions are correct or if there is something that can be optimized.

For ETSOP contracts:

1. No need to associate customer´s CCO Id to the contracts.

2. Devices are "automatically" registered after the inventory is sent to Cisco. There is no security token nor "complete registration" e-mail, so customer only needs to make sure SMTP server is working. 

3. Partner (in this case VCE), needs to add the e-mail address to which the Partner SR request is forwarded

My question here is if customer is able to see the devices under ETSOP contracts in the SCH portal using their own CCO Id? 

For devices in C4P contracts

1. CCO id needs to be associated to contracts

2. CCO id needs to be added to the "customer id" field in device configuration

3. After the inventory is sent, customer will receive 2 e-mails, one confirming Cisco received the device inventory and other with the information  to complete registration (security token)

4. Customer has to login with the CCO Id associated to the contracts and complete registration

5. Customer now can see the registered devices with his Id and can add other CCO Ids to see/manage their devices

My questions here are:

- Can the same customer´s CCO Id see both type of devices, the one covered by ETSOP contracts AND the ones covered by C4P contracts?

- Can I see both type of devices with my Partner CCO Id?

Thanks is advance for your feedback.

6 Replies 6

Kelsey Loftin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your question.

ESTSOP is a collaborative-based contract. C4P is a direct-based contract. In an ideal situation, a partner can see ETSOP devices, while a customer can only see C4P devices--unless both contracts belong to the same company. Smart Call Home notifications are assigned per device contract type. The processes to register a device are different (as your customer has noticed) by contract type.

Check out our engineers' answers to your questions, below:

• My question here is if customer is able to see the devices under ETSOP contracts in the SCH portal using their own CCO Id?  A customer cannot see the devices under ETSOP unless they also have the direct (C4P) devices from the same company. 
  • Can the same customer´s CCO Id see both type of devices, the one covered by ETSOP contracts AND the ones covered by C4P contracts? Yes.
  • Can I see both type of devices with my Partner CCO Id? If ETSOP and C4P contracts are referring to the same company then both customer and partners can see the devices. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Kelsey

mdana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does anyone know if the CON-ETSOP SKU only allows for the customer to go thru the partner to open TAC cases? DO they have to go thru VCE??

Hi,

Based on the sku the customer would work with VCE initially and VCE would work with Cisco if they could not resolve the issue. Generally, in most cases, VCE opens a case for their customer-related issues.

I hope this helps answers your question.

Thank you it does help. However I am being told that the customer can and has been opening TAC cases directly outside of using the partner. So could it be that because the contracts are associated and customer can see their devices therefore they can open TAC cases??

Based on what was explained to me that because of the contract service level ETSOP - ETSP 24X7X4OS (24X7X4OS) and Reg Type "COLLABORATIVE_SERVICES", no registration confirmation is required. As an end result the customer will not be registered nor have visibility from the SCH portal, VCE partners will. 

I'll need to confirm if anything has recently changed, but this is as per my case interactions with the above service level.

Yea.... I was under the impression that IF the partner had both contracts and registred the customers CCO ID's to that contract with those SKU's that the customer can then see their associated devices and therefore can open TAC cases directly with TAC.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: