cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resend security token

vbgetronics
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to get security token again?

Basically, callhome was configured with wrong email address. So, didn't get the token required for registering the device. Is it possible to generate it again or request for it to be sent again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lawrence Searcy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, my last information was incorrect and I deleted the response to avoid confusion in the future.

Smart Call Home will send a new registration email with each INVENTORY message it receives. I verified this in the lab after a co-worker mentioned it should work this way.

After correcting the email address on the end device, on the nexus you can use the command

callhome test inventory

on IOS, use the command

call-home send alert-group inventory profile CiscoTAC-1

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lawrence Searcy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, my last information was incorrect and I deleted the response to avoid confusion in the future.

Smart Call Home will send a new registration email with each INVENTORY message it receives. I verified this in the lab after a co-worker mentioned it should work this way.

After correcting the email address on the end device, on the nexus you can use the command

callhome test inventory

on IOS, use the command

call-home send alert-group inventory profile CiscoTAC-1

You are correct. I got the registration email again after changing the email address. Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: