Views
Helpful
Replies

Another upload stuck 'in progress'

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

As per the title we have an upload that has been 'in progress' for 5 days.

I'll provide the details (Customer/Inventory) via private message.

Rgds,

Graham

6 Replies 6

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey graham.kirtley,

How are you?  Please PM me the company and inventory names and I will take a look.

Thanks,
Justin

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey graham.kirtley,

It seems it is suffering from a party lock.  I have opened a case with the backend so they can clear this up and manually process an upload.  However, it does seem there were quite a few uploads pushed on the 19th and 20th of October.  Please refrain from pushing so many as they can cause processing issues.  I will inform you when the lock is cleared.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the update on the issue.

Regarding your comment of "Please refrain from pushing so many as they can cause processing issues", what do you propose we do?  We have 16 collectors, soon to expand to 24 and each will be uploading inventory at least once a week?

For several inventories the networks are quite dynamic with many device additions and removals each week, thus they need to be updated accordingly.  The other key requirement of uploading ‘fresh’ inventory data is that the analysis of applicable PSIRTs, HW & SW alerts is only refreshed on uploading an inventory; as such in order to receive timely notification of any new security alerts regular uploads must be conducted.

Regards,

Graham

Hey Graham,

Apologies, I missed that these uploads were coming from separate collectors.  This is the best way to about these collections.  I have received an update that the locked upload should now be cleared.  Can you confirm this from your end?  If you see this as well can you accept this post as an acceptable solution so we know that the thread is closed out.

Thanks,

Justin

The upload status for this specific upload is 'failed' does this need to be re-processed by Cisco?

Rgds,

Graham

Hey graham.kirtley,

The backend team has informed me that they are unable to manually process File Import uploads from their end.  Please push a new one as now there should not be a party lock on the account.  Let me know if the upload seems to not go through.  Otherwise please accept this post as a solution so we know the issue is closed out.

Thanks,
Justin