Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Login as admin

Hello, I can no longer login as admin via CLI.  I am running 2.7.4 and can login via the GUI & collectorlogin/root.

I have reset the admin password via root, restarted the admin service, and rebooted the server - still does not work.

The error I get when logging in as admin is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:244)
at com.cisco.ca.ss.lcm.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:51)
Error occured: could not connect to the database server.
Please make sure mysql database server is up and running.

1 Reply 1

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello please do the following steps from root and let me know the results:

PRIOR TO DO THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS STEPS IF NOT DONE YET PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING

From root, you can run this command to copy the following log into a directory which will allow you to export the files from the CSPC GUI:

# cp /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/logs/nohup.out /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/logs/KRISVOUTZ_M8756_nohup.out

# cd /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/logs/

# chown casuser:casusers /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/logs/KRISVOUTZ_M8756_nohup.outlogs.JPG

SEND ME THE LOG IN PRIVATE AND ONCE WE REVIEW I WILL LET KNOW IF WE WILL PROCESS THE  BELOW OR IF ADDITIONAL STEPS MAY BE NECESSARY

Once you are in the the CLI as root run the below commands: note each one of the following 4 commands below are in one single line

#  /bin/sh /opt/LCM/bin/sqliteToDerbyScripts_shell.sh "connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/schedulerdb;create=true;user=app;password=password';" "delete from sss_qrtz_cron_triggers;"

# /bin/sh /opt/LCM/bin/sqliteToDerbyScripts_shell.sh "connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/schedulerdb;create=true;user=app;password=password';" "delete from sss_qrtz_triggers;"

# /bin/sh /opt/LCM/bin/sqliteToDerbyScripts_shell.sh "connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/schedulerdb;create=true;user=app;password=password';" "delete from sss_qrtz_job_details;"

# /bin/sh /opt/LCM/bin/sqliteToDerbyScripts_shell.sh "connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/schedJobDetails;create=true;user=app;password=password';" "delete from schedJobDetails;"

Finally, restart the adminshell service with the command

# service adminshell restart

and you hopefully you may now have access to the adminshell once more.