Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot upgrade CSPC to 2.7.3.2 from 2.7.2

kumar.abhijit1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I tried upgrading our CSPC to 2.7.3.2 from 2.7.2, but its not happening. When I click on "upgrade now" and then "continue"...it says "Initiated installation of package". After few minutes the "upgrade now" option highlights again. It does not gives any error message. Can you please help on this.

Artifact attached in the

10 Replies 10

Hello Kumar,

Please see the latest CSPC Release Notes for steps needed to perform this update. Let us know if that solves the issue you are facing.

Cheers,

Cheri

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello kumar.abhijit1,

Do you still have problem with this upgrade?

Hi ,

The update is now showing as 2.7.4. I have tried to install the same from GUI as well as CLI mode.

It has been over a week that its showing "Apply in progress". I have attached the snapshot of the same.
Can you please help to solve this issue.

Hello,

It sounds like the apply process may have become stuck. Can you please try to fail the old process and run the "apply" command again?

The steps to fail the old installation process can be found here in the section "Known Issue" https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-ReleaseNotes-2732.pdf

Thank you,

Jarrett

I implemented the commands mentioned in "Known issues" and started the apply again, but again its stuck. Below is the output...

admin# sh apply
        Version Number     : sp-30.0.2-0-0-lnx64
        Status             : Applied
        Start Time         : Apr/06/2018 19:56:16
        End Time           : Apr/06/2018 19:58:28

Version Number     : sp-30.0.2-5-0-lnx64
        Status             : Apply-in-progress
        Start Time         : Apr/06/2018 20:09:38
        End Time           : -

Version Number     : sp-30.0.3-0-0-lnx64
        Start Time         : Dec/31/2017 19:16:01

Version Number     : sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64
        Start Time         : Mar/30/2018 15:25:41

admin#

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for the details, I have sent you a private message with an additional command. Can you please check and see if that helps to fail all the older patches?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Jarrett,

I have replied to your private mail.

Your command worked, all pending updates came to failed state. I started the latest update again from GUI, but again it got stuck. Even after 24 hours its showing "Apply in progress".

Let me know what to do next.

Hello Kumar,
It looks like some of the previous patches also were unsuccessful in processing on your CSPC. In this case, I believe it would be best to deploy a new 2.7.4 OVA image so that you can start using the latest updates.
The new OVA image can be found here https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.7.4
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi Jarret,

Deploying a new .ova file is like installing a new collector, which will include its re-registration on the cisco portal and configuring all devices again in it. This should not be the solution for upgrade failure. Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Also, Since this collector is in production environment, there is a long process to follow for what you suggested.

Kindly give us a solution without going for a new installation.

Hello Kumar,

We have recently released a document covering how to manually patch a CSPC here -> https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Manual-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

You may also be able to try this approach instead of a new OVA.

Thank you,

Jarrett