cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Boot Vulnerability - PSIRT Not Clearing After Patching

GREGORY LEGGETT
Level 4
Level 4

I have two router models that I've applied the necessary patches to, ASR 1001-X (CSCvn89145) and ISR 4331 (CSCvn77156), and after uploading a new collection they are still reporting the issue.  There were IOS-XE upgrades performed in the same maintenance window, and the new version is reporting in SNTC; also the associated IOS-XE vulnerabilities are no longer listed.

Is there something that needs to be done to clear the patched devices, or should the PSIRT clear automatically after patching and uploading a new collection?

3 Replies 3

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That PSIRT is only matching on SW Type and Hardware.  There is a caveat in our IC for it that states this.  We didn't have a list of all the affected versions to automate.  I'm not sure if SNTC portal is displaying that caveat to you.  For this specific PSIRT, it will not auto-clear, so you can just acknowledge it.

Is there a way to acknowledge the devices that I have patched, without clearing the PSIRT for all devices?  If not, I guess I will need to manually track which devices have been remediated.

Users with Admin permissions can acknowledge alerts.  See the online help documentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: