Views
Helpful
Replies

Collector Captcha Gone.

Lmarquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, 

I have a customer trying to utilize the Collector and there is an issue where the Captcha image will not load. Customer has tried different browsers to no success in terms of attempting a login. It doesn't look like the image will load from any browser at all. What issue might this be and how can it get resolved? Thanks.

I have the issue attached below.

captchaissue.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is typically a symptom of a larger issue.. Typically that the harddrive usage is a 100%.  with that likely customer cannot login in CLI vi SSH either correct?

Ask them to connect via console and see if there is a error message.  additionally it is likely a deployment of a non supported specs. ( the tiny version of the collector used just for device testing - 40G harddrive, 2 GM, and so on ) likely customer will have to redeploy with correct specs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is typically a symptom of a larger issue.. Typically that the harddrive usage is a 100%.  with that likely customer cannot login in CLI vi SSH either correct?

Ask them to connect via console and see if there is a error message.  additionally it is likely a deployment of a non supported specs. ( the tiny version of the collector used just for device testing - 40G harddrive, 2 GM, and so on ) likely customer will have to redeploy with correct specs.

Hey Adias,
More information on this actually - the collector was working fine last week and the customer was just going through a regular maintenance / doing a manual update in the Software tab of the collector. There is a ton of work already done to the Collector etc. and now there is a possibility of having to inform them they'll need to do it again?

I just want to get my facts straight for that in the event I do need to run that by them. That besides, thank you very much for the quick response! I'll see about getting more information too.

Ok let me know if any of the above additional symptoms is true and if he can connect to the CLI.

It looks like they simply rolled the VM back before the time of attempting to upgrade it. 

A 500GB HDD with only 29GB being used, only using 30% of the MEM. Unsure why still the upgrade might have forced it to be rendered unusable but for now it is at least working!

Ok thank you. let me Know if same problem occurs after the corrections.  The specs seems to be good

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: